1. For NEW software
1.1. Request for new software is submitted in SN as “other” request and Software Compliance is assigned.
1.1.1. Request should include an explanation of why the new software is needed and all applicable documentation attached to the request. i.e.:
220.127.116.11. Licensing agreement
18.104.22.168. Any documentation provided by vendor
22.214.171.124. Any other agreement
1.2. IS Accounts Manager submits for ARB/ITSC approval and reviews agreement; then updates request with Approval/Denial and any requested changes in the form of a “Contract Review”
1.3. Requestor will make requested changes with vendor and then follow the Contract Policy and Procedure or IT Contract Procedure to submit requisition (if applicable) and Contract Routing Form.
1.3.1. IS Accounts Manager will only sign CRF if software has been approved by ARB/ITSC.
1.4. Requesting department pays for initial purchase (including terming any months to existing support renewals).
1.5. IS Accounts Management budgets to renew following fiscal year.
2. For existing software or support renewals not currently managed by IS Accounts
2.1. Beginning July 1, 2012: As requisitions are identified in the conditional approval que, notification is sent to the requestor that future renewals will be budgeted by IS Accounts Management.
2.2. IS Accounts will plan to term/combine in FY14 (following fiscal year) any identified “rogue” renewals to current/existing accounts.
3. Beginning July 1, 2012 (FY13) existing renewals will be documented in the conditional approval queue to be budgeted for by IS the following fiscal year.
3.1. An email notification will be sent to the requestor that their renewal will be consolidated to IS Accounts Management.
3.2. Prior to the start of the fiscal year- the policy needs to be communicated so that departments who have renewals that are not currently managed by IS can appropriately plan to have their software renewed. It is important to note/communicate that this is only for existing, non-expired renewals. Any NEW software request will need to follow the NEW software purchasing policy. The steps would be:
3.3. At least 90 days before renewal date, Department intends to renew and initiates Permanent Journal Voucher of funds from their base budget to the ASWSUB line of K2040.
3.4. Quote is forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org with notification of renewal, purpose, and JV number.
3.5. Software Compliance submits the requisition to renew on behalf of the requesting department and documents the renewal for future years.
3.6. Renewals will then be handled as others (approved by the LU contact and then submitted to vendor prior to renewal term). This process will ensure that base budget funds are transferred from the current department’s budget to the software line of K2040 for future fiscal years. We will then work to term renewals together as part of our FY14 planning.
1. All requisitions containing the ASFTWR or ASWSUB commodity codes are stopped in the conditional approval queue for IS (shared between IS Accounts Management and IT Inventory).
2. New software that requires a contract or purchasing agreement to be signed must follow the University Contract Policy and include a Contract Routing Form.
2.1. There is a policy documentation request in for the IT process for CRFs- this may be redundant.
3. All new software items are reviewed by the ARB/ITSC for security, systems compatibility and customer support issues.
3.1. If submitted via a Requisition, the software is reviewed while in the approval queue, unless previously requested.
3.2. If submitted by CRF- the approval is obtained as part of the contract review.
4. First year purchases are to be made by the requesting department and include one year of maintenance if needed.
4.1. Any future renewals/maintenance will be budgeted and renewed by IS Accounts
4.2. IS Accounts will contact the subscription owner for approval to renew.
4.2.1. If approved- renewal will take place as needed.
4.2.2. If not approved- the renewal will be cancelled and any future “renewal” or new purchase will be made by the department.
5. Additions needed for increased staff will be paid for by the necessary department and then termed to the IS Accounts renewal for the following fiscal year.
5.1. Department also has the option of requesting upgrade/additional seats for the following fiscal year to be budgeted by IS Accounts with justification.
5.2. IS Accounts will make all possible attempts to plan for expected increases.
Non-compliance to this policy and standard may result in software purchases and renewals being denied.